Monday, December 8, 2008

Hewwo there.

We are back from our trip to the Alps in Aosta! They were quite lovely. It was a 3.5 hour ride from Parma to Aosta, but it was completely worth it once we got near enough to see the snow-capped mountains. Our hotel was SWEET (we could open the door by pressing a button next to our beds) and what was sweeter still was our view from every window! The Alps are gorgeoussss.

Aosta itself is a bebe little town, and on Sunday we went either skiing (not I said the fly) or SNOWSHOEING (yes that was me). Snowshoeing was ridiculous, as I expected it to be, and we got so very snowy and cold. It was large amounts of fun. We had a lot of hot chocolate and went to a Christmas market where I got a Second Very Excellent Winter Hat, and got to go to mass today. My voice is still gone and I am worrying about my oral presentation of my soc paper on Thursday. Let's hope it comes back!

This week is going to fly -- I have two finals on Wednesday, two on Thursday, a movie to watch with my Italian class on Thursday, our goodbye dinner on Wednesday, and my last babysitting on Wedesday. Tonight we are having a family dinner with Nice. Friday I leave for Paris, and then when I get back I spend like one more day in Parma with my parents and then OFF TO ROME and around WE GO! My program is done in 4 days and I will be in the United States in 12!

UNREAL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is with Europe and snowshoeing? Except I went in Sicily where it's supposed to be warm and it was NOT.

J'adore PaRIS
Ti amo ROMA.
Ohio is dumb.

I'm so multicultural.