Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am a chilly little monkey. Tell this rain to go away!

Also, I am a tad frustrated. It is my goal to get an internship to count for class credit for next semester, and so all week I have been calling places. It is very hard, though, being 6 hours ahead of Boston, and using information that is out of date is bad too. Also having no number at that the people can return your call is no good. I don't think this will end well for me.

HOWEVER, I do believe I will win the INGENUITY AWARD after this weekend! Steph and I both realized that neither one of us has travel-sized toiletries (I always share with Erin, she always goes to hotels) and that this weekend we would need to bring our own! OH NO. Where does one buy such a rarity in Italy? NO ONE KNOWS. We looked in some pharmacies but then decided our best bet was to go to Esselunga, a giant grocery store that we'd never been to. Well, we went.

ESSELUNGA IS AMAZINGGGG
They had exciting items which we had never seen in Italy! Hot sauce! Peanut butter! Individual jellies (just what I needed!)! Lots of kinds of cookies! CHAI TEA!
We were so stoked and feeling good until we got to the cosmetics-and-the-like aisle.
No. travel-sized. to. be. found.

ESSELUNGA IS THE WORSTTTT
So! I bought two bebe jars of baby food (mixed fruit) and washed them, and have since put my shampoo and conditioner in them! I am assuming they will be confiscated by airport security, but WHO KNOWS! MAYBE I AM A GENIUS!
You may be wondering about my shower gel. How will I transport that?
No fears, friends, Steph and I also bought KINDER EGGS in which resided a TOY encased in a PLASTIC EGG-like thing!
Shower gel situated!

So, while I may have no future, this weekend at least is bright and shiny and CLEAN.

Also, I did taste the baby food. Not too shabby, but I would never eat a whole jar. Sorry, Johnny, I now feel your pain.
Ew also, side note: babies here eat things like HORSE and RABBIT. Sick.

No comments: