Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are almost 2 days away! Hooray! Ryan left today for Venice, Sarah leaves on Monday for Paris, and come Tuesday I will (finally) leave for Florence! All the countries that could be used for slant rhyme.

Things I have done in preparation:
-got another suitcase
-bought a money belt, so I can be tres cool and impress the locals with my unbearable touristiness
-bought a gift for the woman whose apartment I will be living in -- it's a bread platter that says "HOME SWEET HOME." It's probably the lamest thing ever, but when my parents asked their friend from Italy what to get that's what she suggested because at least it's made in America. But alas, when we got home we saw that it was made in China. OH WELL.

I promise that when I get to Italy I will start having interesting posts, even if I have to make things up to make them interesting. I know these are dumb but I was already chided for not updating, so there you have it.

ciao chow

3 comments:

Paris, France said...

So i LOVE the idea of the blog! so smart and tres originale as usual. so i should be in bed right now resting up to get my church on bright and early, but instead i'm up freaking out! t-44 hours till i take off and still oh so much to do. i will be calling you tomorrow for an update/mutual freak out session. and i love "parmaparmaparma" because it reminds me of "fashion show fashion show fashion show." miss you mólto!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE GONE!!!!!

Woohoo! Say hi to all the stuff I saw for me. K, thanks.

I really enjoyed the thought process of your blogger name in the previous entry. You really captured the moment.

I was going to say something complicated in Italian but I blanked...soo...
Mi piace l'italia e pasti e kristin-a e TONI DA PEAR!!

p.s. I forgot my blog name, wanna remind me? haha

Unknown said...

I hope you have a safe trip! Can't wait to skype you soon!

Love, Sus